Imz800-z/OS - CICS - Invision plans

Major stuff
as of



Very little activity now, as Invision is scheduled to be phased out around the beginning of 2011.

Test LPAR now used only to dump packs built by Prod LPAR Flashcopy

There will be no further upgrades to Invision except for SUTs.
There will be no further upgrades to CICS or z/OS
There will be no further upgrades to VPS/DRS/VSV

There are no planned Disaster Recovery tests scheduled during the lifetime of Invision.








Age is a high price to pay for maturity.        If you're coasting, you're going downhill.        If you take a cat apart to see how it works, the first thing you get is a non-working cat.        I love the sound deadlines make as they go whooshing by.        Some opinions are more supported by logic and facts than other opinions.        You live and learn, or at least you live.        It is a mistake to think you can solve all problems with potatoes.        I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer.        Happiness is spending hours programming your computer to do what you can manually in 10 seconds.        Anything invented after you reach 50 is against the natural order of things.        Learning means "What you just did? Don't do that again."        You say "psychotic" like it was something badů        Time is a great healer but a lousy beautician.        You're as young as you feel, just not as important.        My life is an endless battle against maturity.        Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.        Quiet, brain! ...or I'll poke you with another Q-Tip.       Some days it's just not worth gnawing through the straps.        My life would be funny if it were happening to someone else.       Okay, time for Plan B.        Of course I'm out of my mind. It's dark and scary in there.       Don't believe everything you think.        Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.        If we weren't meant to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?        Never believe generalizations.        Religion once ruled the world. We call it the Dark Ages.        The last time they mixed religion and politics, people got burned at the stake.        Erotic is using a feather. Kinky is using the whole chicken.        If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.       Artificial Intelligence is no match for real intelligence but is often better than real stupidity.        Even if the voices aren't real, they have some good ideas.        You deserve what you accept.        If you think education is expensive, try ignorance.        If God had intended us to vote, He would have given us better candidates.        Dishonesty, cowardice and stupidity are not handicaps in politics.        Politicians and diapers should be changed often, and for the same reason.        Stop Repeat Offenders: don't re-elect them.        It's 98% of the politicians who give the rest a bad name.        It's dangerous to be right when the government is wrong.        Brain: a tool for thinking we think.        Don't keep doing what doesn't work.        Don't worry about what others think of you. You're not that important to them.        If you lie to your computer, it knows and will get even.        Everyone has a solution that won't work.        Predestination was doomed from the start.       Reality is a poor substitute for imagination.        Thinking too long about doing something often prevents it being done.        We did not inherit the land from our fathers. We are borrowing it from our children.        Why can't life's problems come to us when we're twenty and know everything?        Sex is like money: too much or too little causes obsession.        Always hire a rich attorney. Never buy from a rich salesman.        Two monologues don't make a dialogue.        We probably know what's best for you.        Why am I the only person in the world who knows how to drive?        95% of the people believe they are in the other 5%.        Most people are wrong most of the time about most things.        There are no regrets as bitter as regretting what we did not do.        Some people must be driven to their destiny with whips.        The purpose of intelligence is to help us do what our emotions tell us to do.        If you don't take control of your life, someone else will.        Life is what happens to you while you're busy with other things.        There are three types of people: those who can count and those who can't.        You do not have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body.        Fantasies make us feel good. Dreams make us work.        95% of the people believe they are in the other 5%.        The biggest cause of failure is fear of failing.        A tree starts dying when it stops growing.        The most foolish thing you can do is fear doing a foolish thing.        Focus on where you're going or you will trip over how-to-get-there.